ATEX enclosures fitted with SOCOMEC switches provide emergency breaking and maintenance and safety isolation for any low voltage electrical circuit which is in an area where there is a risk of explosion.
Conformity to standards
Directive ATEX 2014/34/UE
ATEX steel safety enclosures is available in X versions
|Item||Type||Rated current||Number of poles||Control operator||Select|
|3V413005||Steel safety enclosure||50||3||Side|
|3V414005||Steel safety enclosure||50||4||Side|
|3V413008||Steel safety enclosure||80||3||Side|
|3V414008||Steel safety enclosure||80||4||Side|
|3V416008||Steel safety enclosure||80||6||Side|
|3V513012||Steel safety enclosure||125||3||Side|
|3V514012||Steel safety enclosure||125||4||Side|
|3V516020||Steel safety enclosure||160||6||Side|
|3V513020||Steel safety enclosure||200||3||Side|
|3V514020||Steel safety enclosure||200||4||Side|
|3V513040||Steel safety enclosure||400||3||Side|
|3V514040||Steel safety enclosure||400||4||Side|
|3V513063||Steel safety enclosure||630||3||Side|
|3V514063||Steel safety enclosure||630||4||Side|
- Visible contacts, mechanical flag indicator and positive break indication.
- Double locking system prevents the opening of the enclosure door with the switch in its ON position and the closing of the switch when the door is open.
- Triple locking of the handle in the OFF position.
- Protects operators against accidental start-up of machines
- Ease of operation without risk of error for unqualified operators.
- Maximum security for all types of simple mechanical and electrical maintenance operations.
Inductive load breaking (AC23)
Safety enclosures are designed for use with inductive loads and are able to make and break on-load (AC23).
Product has been specifically designed for industrial environments with the risk of explosion due to dust (galvanised steel, thickness 2 mm, triplex glass, S type handle with metal padlocking lever…)
IP65 degree of protection
Protection degree of ATEX enclosures is IP65
- Enclosures are made of a 2 mm thick galvanised steel. They are welded and deburred.
- The anti-corrosion protection is achieved using an epoxy polyester powder which polymerises in the oven at 180°. Paint coating is 60 µm minimum on metallic grey.
- The chrome-plated zamak door is mounted on an invisible hinge and locked using an 8 mm square key.
- Wall mounting is using 4 fixing lugs.
- The contacts are visible through a triplex window, located on the enclosure door. This enables the operator to confirm the position of the contacts either during a preventative maintenance or before an operation.
Double locking and operating handle
- Double locking prevents the opening of the enclosure door with the switch in its closed position and the closing of the switch when the door is open; with the use of a tool, authorised personnel can bypass this system when the door is open for maintenance purposes. The locking system comprises a single guard moulded from zamak (aluminium alloy) with a simple and robust mechanism driven directly by the handle’s operating shaft.
- ATEX enclosures are provided with a red S type operation handle. It is made of an insulating material and includes a metal padlocking lever. The handle can be locked in the OFF position using three padlocks.
- ATEX enclosures are designed for bottom cable entry and exit.
- Enclosures are fitted with a top roof and bottom closing plate.
- Connection is achieved by running cables to the top terminals for 50 and 80 A ratings. For higher ratings, the top set of terminals are brought down to the bottom of the enclosure with copper bars for easy connection of the incoming cables.
- Industry - Power availability for industrial process
- Industry - Protection for drives and motors